Vive! is committed to your health as well as the environment. In the past, Vive! has always provided bottled water to our clients. We have now found a healthier and more ecologically friendly option than bottled water. We have installed a water filtration system which supplies healthier purified water. This will save thousands of water bottles each year as well as eliminate the environmental carbon impact of transporting the water.
We elected not to use a reverse osmosis system since the municipal water system already provides some basic water filtration. Reverse osmosis systems are particularly helpful to those people whose water is supplied by well systems. While these systems are excellent at removing contaminants from the water, they tend to waste a lot of water and also tend to remove many beneficial minerals from the water. Click on READ MORE if you want to learn more about the 8 stage water filtering process supplied by Crystal Quest.
- In stage 1, water travels through a solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's, insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents).
- In stage 2, water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing synthetic Aluminum Oxide absorbent media specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.
- In stage 3, Water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- In stages 4 and 5, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (Eagle Redox Alloy® 6500, and Eagle Redox Alloy® 9500.) Eagle Redox Alloy® is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (REDOX) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. Tests on Eagle Redox Alloy®/GAC cartridge have shown 99+% chlorine removal.
- In stage 6, Water flows through the ion exchange resin, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- In stage 7, Water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzine) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking water.
- In stage 8, Water flows through another one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles. The end result is a great reduction or elimination of a wide variety of contaminants.