Massage Therapist Jobs
Massage Therapist (Park Ridge)
Compensation: Based on experience, plus tips
Minimum 2 years experience
Part or Full Time, Employee
Exciting position open for a massage therapist / body worker with a minimum 2 years experience who has a passion to bring healing to others. Private, growing practice.
• Professional practice specializing in clinical work
• Unique massage and bodywork practice with 10 therapists and growing!
• Daytime, evening and weekend hours available (open 7 days & eves/week)
• Competitive Compensation plus Tips
• Friendly, team-oriented work environment located near major expressways and O'Hare Airport
We are a therapeutic massage private practice with a relaxed spa-like atmosphere. Our motto, "Life! Love it, Live it" reflects our mission to bring healing to our clients so that they can enjoy life and live it fully. We have developed an outstanding reputation for our ability to provide relief for customers with clinical needs as well as for stress relief. We offer a welcoming environment with a fast growing repeat client base. Many clients are referred by their physician, chiropractor or physical therapist. This is a private practice whose owner is also a therapist. We support the professional growth of our therapists and promote teamwork in a collaborative environment.
Due to our explosive growth, we are seeking professional therapists with the skills necessary to perform relaxing massages for stress relief as well as performing clinical bodywork. We only employ therapists with a passion for natural health through therapeutic massage and bodywork. We promote a caring, open and supportive atmosphere for our staff. We refuse to accept the "massage mill" business model which put the therapists' health and well being at risk.
• Current Illinois massage therapy license and personal liability insurance
• Training and at least 2 years of experience in deep tissue therapies such as any of the following:
Trigger point therapy, neuromuscular, myofascial release, positional release, MET/PNF, structural integrated therapy. Background in lymphatic drainage, oncology or cupping are a plus, but not required.
• Has an analytical mind and can provide treatments that are more clinically oriented.
Possesses the ability to customize treatments based on a client's specific needs.
• Understands anatomy in order to assess the root cause of the pain and provide effective results.
• Is knowledgeable about contraindications to massage and is able to use good reasoning regarding how to approach the client session.
Person being sought should have the following characteristics:
• Good communication skills including the ability to interview the client regarding their pain, capture documentation (S.O.A.P. notes) on the session and provide suggestions for self care.
• Is outgoing, friendly and conscientious, enjoys working with people, and has a passion for massage and bodywork as a means to promoting wellness.
• Responsible team player with attentive customer service skills.
• Acts professionally and ethically at all times.
• Actively pursues continuing education in order to stay current with the profession and to provide the best care for one's clients.
**Please email your resume. Include the following in your subject line: CL: Massage Therapist opening -- "your name" (Ex: CL Massage Therapist opening -- Mary Smith)
o Compensation: Paid per massage (plus tips)